Spring Training Starts!
M - Weights/Skills - Done by 2:40
T - All Skills - Done by 2:40
W - First day of spring training! Done by 4:15
TH - Day 2 of spring training! Done by 4:15
F - Weights and Video - Done by 3:00
No tutorials this week!
Good luck in the Regional Track Meet to Owl Track Team!
v Wednesday, April 29 – 2:30 - Williams Stadium- SPRING TRAINING BEGINS!
The Owls begin preparation for what promises to be a very exciting 2015 season! GHS will be looking to go to the playoffs for the 13th time in 14 years. GHS also will play a non-District game at AT&T Cowboys Stadium after playing last year at Baylor! The Owls are going to play one of the top non-district schedules in the state with games against Irving MacArthur, Mesquite and Rockwall-Heath. You are invited to watch practice any day that you are able to make it to Williams Stadium. Most practices will last from 2:30 until about 4:30, Monday through Thursday.
v Thursday, May 14 – 5:30 – Williams Stadium – COOKOUT
The Booster Club will hold a cookout for all incoming freshmen and their parents at 5:30 PM on Thursday, May 14 on the patio at Williams Stadium. A brief meeting will follow. At the meeting, Coach Jordan will talk about the program, important upcoming events, and answer any questions. After the meeting, watch the Owls practice from 6:30-8:00. Call 972-494-8589 for more information.
v Thursday, May 28 – 6:00 – Williams Stadium – SPRING GAME
Make your way to Williams Stadium and watch the Owls as they put the finishing touches on spring training! All incoming freshmen should meet at the back gate at 5:30 PM.
- We encourage you to bring your parents to the above events, but you may come by yourself or with a friend. If one of your friends is coming to GHS to play football, but did not receive a letter, please ask him to come to the cookout so we may add him to our mailing list.
More information about the following dates will be distributed at the May 14th meeting/cookout at Williams
- June 8 – Williams Stadium – 8:00 am–noon– WEIGHT ROOM OPENS Monday – Thursday each week of the summer - $50 for the summer – application at www.garlandowls.com
- June 8 – June 11 – Williams Stadium – 9:00 am – noon – FOOTBALL CAMP for 2015-2016 3rd-8th graders
- August 3 – 5 – Williams Stadium – 9:00 am – noon - FRESHMAN FOOTBALL CAMP
- August 10 – Williams Stadium – Football practice begins
- August 24 – GHS – School starts
Please make plans to attend as many of these events as possible. The more you get involved, the easier the transition will be from middle school to high school. If you have any questions, please contact the GHS coaches at (972) 494-8589, or e-mail us at email@example.com. Further information can be found at www.garlandowls.com. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Congratulations to standout OL Justin Leimer and his family! He is going to play football next year at Sul Ross State!
Owl Athletes after signing their letters of intent - Markeith Miller, Midwestern State
Luther Kirk, Illinois State, Donovan Ransom, Arkansas State, Gabe Theriot, Maryville
Presentation of the $2000 check from the Cowboys and Whataburger!